Everyone is different, and at Norwich Hypnotherapy we ensure that all our weight loss programmes are individually tailored to a client's specific needs. However, to give you an idea of the format of a typical programme, here's a sample:
- First Session: Addressing habit eating such as eating too much of the wrong food, comfort eating, snacking or nibbling.
- Second Session: Tackling compulsive and binge eating, where the dependence upon certain foods often has origins in childhood. For example, you may have been comforted as a child with such treats as chocolates and sweets, and then the comfort and enjoyment of eating such foods can become addictive. Hypnotherapy can apply a 'desensitisation' to these types of food, making them permanently undesirable.
- Third Session: Emotional eating - working out the triggers for your emotional eating, such as stress or boredom; gradually reducing your physiological dependence upon food, so you can cope with a healthy eating pattern.
- Fourth Session: Portion control and the Hunger Scale - teaching how to recognise the triggers to hunger and to stop eating when you are full.
- Fifth Session: Motivation to Exercise - there are many barriers to incorporating exercise into your life. By accessing the subconscious mind, hypnotherapy can give you the impetus to achieve your exercise goals and ultimately lose the weight you no longer want. As an added benefit, your general health may improve and you could reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- Sixth Session: The 'Swish' technique for a new body image, and NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) techniques to help you act in new ways in previous situations when you would have overeaten, for example. Pulling it all together for lasting results!